Congrats to the Connecticut National History Day (NHD) award recipients from Windham Technical High School! The winning students earned the awards at the virtual regional contest at the end of March and their medals were distributed through a CT Old State House bus tour.
Connecticut History Day (CHD) is one of 58 affiliate programs of National History Day. CHD annually engages over 4,000 middle- and high-school students in historical research, interpretation, and creative expression through project based learning. The program seeks to bring students, teachers, museums, and scholars together to support young people as they engage in history.
National History Day Regional Award Recipients from Windham Tech:
- Felix Colondres Rodriguez– First Place Senior Individual Exhibit, “Native American Code Talkers”
- Obadiah Czelusniak– Second Place Senior Individual Exhibit, “Music & Culture that Unites Nations: Christmas Truce of WWI”
- Jack Perrin & Alexander Quintana- Second Place Senior Group Website, “Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR)- Speaking out on Vietnam”
- Samantha Thoma– Third Place Senior Individual Exhibit, “Secret Communication Used by the Conductors of the Underground Railroad
- Dionna Roberts, Lindsey DeMarchi, & Triniti Footman- Third Place Senior Group Documentary, “Henrietta Lacks: Miscommunication and Racism in the Scientific Community”
- Jerson Rosario– Third Place Senior Paper, “Dear Miss Breed… Children’s Voices During Japanese Internment”
Students awarded pictured below: